Dear Friends [हे आर्टिकल मराठीमध्ये उद्या वाचू शकाल]
As MPSC declared the expected dates for the various exams to be conducted in 2018, many of you have started studying for those exams, be it Rajyaseva, STI, PSI or Asst Section Officer exam and many of you are under the process of procrastination, right? Waiting for the advertisement, isn’t it?
Here is an excerpt from my forthcoming 7th edition of MPSC Success Mantra – The Complete Manual. Just read it. It will definitely help you.
“……..as you already know what you wish to become then do not wait. Don’t stand still, take the next step immediately. Your decision will lead you to success. Start right now wherever you are. Throw away your doubts. Never be in doubt. Start studying right now. Those who wait for right time, never reach their goals because the right time never comes. You may have already read in my previous edition of success mantra or in the article on my blog that time will not wait for you, you have to take advantages of the time you have in your hands. Do not let it slip out of your hands.
How to achieve your aim?
Everyone has a dream, an aim. It could be the post of Deputy Collector or DySP/ACP, right?
I will tell you how to achieve your aim. Follow this exercise. The purpose of this exercise is to analyse what you have done in the previous week.
- Take a plain paper and a pen of your choice.
- Sit down and start noting what you have done in the previous week.
- Note down whatever you have done. Make a list of topics that you have completed in the entire week. How many pages you have read and how many pages of Notes you have prepared.
- Compare it with your study plan, if you have any.
- Count the number of hours you studied every day in the previous week. Total it.
- Count the number of hours you WASTED every day in the previous week. Total it.
- You might get a shock of a lifetime.
- Ask yourself “Is the study I have done in the previous week sufficient enough to achieve my aim?”
- Now close your eyes and visualize your aim, what you wish to become.
- If you wish to become Deputy Collector, with your eyes closed, visualize that you are sitting in the Deputy Collector’s chair. If you wish to become DySP/ACP, with your eyes closed, visualize that you are sitting in the DySP/ACP’s chair. Feel the power of that chair. Feel the prestige that is attached to the chair.
- Now open your eyes.
- Look at the paper of your achievements made in the previous week.
- Ask yourself- “Is the current speed of my study OK? With this speed, will I be able to complete the entire syllabus in the time available to me before the next exam?”
- If the answer is YES, don’t be satisfied with your speed of study. Increase your hard work. Try to put in your best efforts. Increase your speed to reading and making Notes.
- If the answer is NO then sit down.
- Take a plain paper and pen.
- Prepare a well-written plan of action, study plan, with day to day completion of targets.
- If you are employed or a college-going student, plan your studies for next few months with at least 4 to 6 hours every day. If you are preparing for MPSC exam on full-time basis then plan your studies for 8-10 hours every day.
- Follow the study plan to the letter and spirit.
What……? You don’t have time to study?
Oh, come on dear. If you can’t find time for studies then forget your dream. It is so simple!!! One never gets time. You need to find it. Time never stops, you are the one who stops. Yes, you are the one who STOPS your own time. You are the one who stops your own progress. You have to find the time. You create the circumstances. Everything is in your hands so FIND THE TIME.
How to build your self-confidence?
Here is the right way to build your self-confidence.
- Take shower (bath).
- Wear nicest clothes. Wear well-polished shoes. Comb your hair properly.
- Stand in front of a mirror.
- Pull your chin up, stand erect and pull back your shoulders.
- Take few deep breaths and exhale.
- If your aim is to become Deputy Collector, by looking at your own eyes in the mirror, say this loudly and confidently “I am Anil Dabhade (put your name instead of my name here). I am the Deputy Collector of Nashik District. I am a well-known honest and non-corrupt officer.”
- Repeat this statement for at least 12 times and see the difference. This will make your mind positive. This will also make your doubts vanish into thin air.
You are now a lot more confident than earlier.
Once you decide about what you wish to become in next 2-3 years, you are almost there.
Your success is a decision away. All you need to do is ACT, without wasting your precious time.
Take the first step: START YOUR STUDIES RIGHT NOW…………”
Your friend and guide,
AD’s IAS Academy Nashik